Change brings new opportunities
Executive Director - The Sino-Danish Center for Education and Research in Beijing.
Director - Mech-Sense Research Center, Aalborg Hospital Science and Innovation Center
Denmark. Professor - National Competence Centre in Gastrointestinal Ultrasonography
University of Bergen and Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway.
Education: MD, Dr.m.sci., M.P.M. (strategic management)
Past career: lifelong in medical and medtech science. Seven professorships in medical and engineering sciences. Director of Research and Innovation at Aalborg Hospital, Denmark. Four start-up companies in medical device industry and investment.
Boards: Industry: Gatehouse A/S, Ditens A/S (chairman), Diagles Ltd., Globalreach Holding Aps. Foundations: Karen Elise Jensens Foundation, The Danish Medical Association Foundation, Hertha Christensens Foundation and the Aalborg Foundation.
- strategy, leadership and planning
- development of research strategy and programs in public institutions
- fundraising (EU, NIH, venture capital)
- biomechanical research with more than 330 scientific publications and four books
- business development & innovation
- medical device development
- experienced board member in technical software, system integration and medtech companies
- consultancy for multinational pharmaceutical, medical device and technical software companies
- fifteen years experience with Danish, Norwegian, US and Chinese education, science and innovation
- Consultancy or licence IPR
- Learn more about Aalborg Hospital Science and Innovation Center (AHSIC)
- Learn more about the Chinese connection and the Sino-Danish Center
The Sino-Danish Center for education and Research (SDC)
The Sino-Danish Center for Research and Education is a joint effort between the Danish Ministry of Science and Technology, the eight Danish universities and the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GUCAS). The center will facilitate collaborative research at a high level including Ph.D.-studies and master degree education. It has secretariats in Aarhus and Beijing and the main facility is currently being build in Qangihu, north-east of Beijing and will be fully operational in 2013. (www.sinodanishcenter.dk)